Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year in Review

It has been one of those years when it has flown by too quickly.

As I look back on the year, though, I am grateful.

Grateful for changes.

Grateful for realizations.

Grateful for growth.

This has been a year of many changes, both for my businesses and personally.

This year brought up a move from San Diego to northern CA, a change in jobs for my husband, change in schools for my boys, homeschooling for Cody, and a number of other changes.

We are grateful for the changes. They are helping us grow. They have given us opportunities to be closer as a family. It doesn’t come without adjustment issues, but we are grateful.

Looking back, it made me realize what a wonderful year it has been for MRS Photography and I!

In the beginning of the year, Adobe Photoshop Elements included me in their Customer Gallery. If you visit the page, you’ll see my dog’s face as the first image in the Customer Gallery!  :)

Shortly after, Love That Shot published an interview with me in their Going Behind the Lens feature!

Then came the thrill of being in Me Ra Koh’s Your Child in Pictures!

20131007_155127

That led to a feature in our local paper!

Personally, it has been quite a year!

When we moved back to Solano in June, I was sad to leave my “office” job, but am fortunate to still work from home part-time. It has been quite the juggling act. :)

With my husband’s new job, we have the opportunity for him to work full-time from home. When he worked for this job previously, he travelled 70% of the year. This is a wonderful change. We all had to adjust to the change, but we are thankful to have him home!

I was thrilled to come back to Solano so I could get back into photography. Life kind of got in the way for a bit, but I am ready to tackle this once again.

Shortly after the school year started, we realized that it would be in Cody’s best interest if we homeschooled him. We began in October and it has been the best move for him. His behaviors have changed. He is much happier. He has grown tremendously in the short few months of being home. It has been an adjustment for everyone, but the rewards are worth it.

Recently, I became the Vice Executive Director of the International Down Syndrome Coalition. I have been with the organization for over a year assisting with graphic design. I am excited about this new role! This organization has allowed me to meet wonderful individuals and families and I am grateful for these friendships!

I am not sure what 2014 will bring, but I aspire to believe in the possibilities, keep my eyes and heart open for realizations and hope I can continue to grow as an individual and as a business owner.

I hope that 2014 brings you and your family love, happiness, and success!

Happy New Year!

No comments: