Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Happy 11th Birthday, DJ!

With a blink of the eye, my little man is already 11. Sigh.

We headed out to Pena Adobe Park in Vacaville for this year’s birthday photo session. It was a beautiful day and aside from a few day camp kids, it was fairly quiet out there.

This is my favorite from the session. I couldn't decide if I liked it better in color or black & white.

IMG_7990IMG_7990-2

A few of months ago, out of the blue, he asked if he could take guitar lessons. Apparently, he’s a natural at it and is picking up songs pretty quickly. (I’ll go ahead and take credit for him having a music gene. Winking smile)

IMG_8002-2IMG_8007

He is starting middle school this year….and like every year, I’m not ready for him to grow up.

I was especially not ready for this to be the year he became taller than me!

IMG_8010

I am proud of the young man he is becoming. With each year, he is more defined in his character. He makes his dad and I proud.

IMG_8016

He is determined. He is optimistic. He is selfless. He is confident.

IMG_8026

He is an awesome big brother that treats his brother with much kindness. The older they get, the less fighting they seem to do. The shouts of “MOM! Make him stop!” are far less. The moments of finding them sitting side by side watching TV and laughing together are more common. My heart is full.

Maybe one day the wrestling will stop. Maybe. Smile

IMG_8029

Happy birthday, my DJ! I love you!

IMG_8034

No comments: