Wednesday, October 30, 2013

5 Things About Cody | Down Syndrome Awareness Month

Down Syndrome Awareness month ends tomorrow, but that doesn’t mean we will stop building awareness. That’s a daily event! :)

The IDSC is hosting a Blog Hop with the subject of “5 things I want the world to know about my child with Down syndrome”.

There are many things I want you to know about Cody, but here are the first 5 that pop into my head:

He is creative and takes his time in the process. Artists can’t be rushed, you know.

Dixon Silveyville Pumpkin Patch 2013-6087

He is hilarious! He loves to make people laugh and whether it is a knock knock joke with no punch line, a silly dance, a funny face or being goofy, he will be the one to lift your spirits and crack you up.

20130806_181721

He is cautiously curious. He loves to explore, but is quick to let you know when he doesn’t like something. When he sees something that intrigues him, he will want to watch it and not leave it. When he sees something that scares him, he will become fearful and try to run. 

IMG_20130328_135855

He loves and admires his brother. I am thankful that the boys get along and don’t fight often. I am sure this phase won’t last long, but I am enjoying it as much as I can. I often find them sitting side by side or holding hands while watching TV. Sure, it ends up in a playful wrestling match, but they aren’t fighting so I’ll take that. :)

IMAG0025

The most important thing I want you to know?

He is one of the bestest things in my life! Is it because he has Down syndrome? No.

It is because he is my son. My blood. My family. If he was born without Down syndrome, I wouldn’t love him any differently. Shoot, I probably couldn’t love him (or his brother) more.

He has taught me patience, rekindled my curiosity in surroundings, showed me perseverance, and introduced me to things I never would have experienced without him in my life. For that, I am thankful!

IMG_9964b

No comments: